12 January 2005

The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams...

Has it been a week already since my last email! Time flies when you having fun;-p
Its amazing how much your environment affects your behaviour- I find myself talking like chucky! not exactly like chucky but you know what I mean… (chucky is white man for those who don’t know) and even my walk is changing, it must have something to do with the way I have to dress… and I’m even getting comfortable in chucky’s dress- last week I couldn’t wait to change out of work clothes and by yesterday I was comfortable walking around sandton city in work clothes *phew*

Now all these small changes are definitely trivial, but I’ve been thinking- can it be more? Like the way I greet people- was their something wrong with the way I used to greet people that now I have to do it differently? And shaking hands with women- I know its not right and last week I felt guilty shaking hands with a women (doesn’t happen often!) and I had to this week and didn’t really feel guilty…

And last week I made it a point of finding a JK during lunch everyday, and yesterday I probably didn’t try hard enough to find a JK and consoled myself by saying that
‘its ok, I cant help it.. Will pray zuhr after work.. At least I’m still worried about it….”
I’m slipping, aren’t I?

And during coffee breaks too- I used to go for coffee with females before, rarely, but now every day the girls come call me to join them for their coffee break and I don’t even think twice about joining them…
“They just call me coz I make them laugh and there’s no harm in it coz I have to have coffee anyway and there’s no reason for not joining them coz I am working with them anyway…”
But its not like I’m just a comedian, I talk serious too- there’s a girl who went and found out about why she’s Christian and she’s still not sure. With a few more weeks I may be able to get through to her…

But my point is- Is it wrong that we change our behaviour in different environments? Do we ALL change our behaviour in different environments? Even if the changes are slight and hardly noticeable unless you search carefully…

Btw, joburg not too bad… in fact, haven’t had a chance to start studying yet coz been meeting up with everyone I know here… and still have few more people to meet so hopefully can get into study mode by weekend…

Well, I’ve been assigned a whole bunch of work and the audit deadline is next week so I’d better get back to work before someone catches me wasting time!
Working overtime today and maybe this weekend too! But can take study leave for overtime so not too bad…

No comments: