21 January 2005

Knowledge is a process of piling up facts- wisdom lies in their simplification...

Been thinking about one of the replies I had to my last email- what makes us believers? How do we know that we believe? Is our Imaan weakened or strengthened when we question it? A revert to Islam has his disbelief to compare so he knows the difference between believing and disbelieving, but how to we check ourselves? Is it our behaviour? Our actions? Or our thoughts? Something to think about…

Well, keeping track of my life- here’s the past week: Bet you find these mails exciting:-p

Last Thurs our division had initiation and I had the crowd laughing themselves silly. Everyone had to go in front and introduce themselves and answer a few questions. I don’t know if it was a clever thing to do, but my comments had everyone in stitches! The good thing is that it was the start of many interesting conversations over coffee for the next few days…

Only two weeks into the job and I get called in to work on a Saturday! But it’s not too bad because I can get double time off for study leave…. Joined Habib and his Lenz buddies for coffee at Melrose arch later that night. Quite a funny bunch of guys, we played charades outside the entrance of Kilimanjaro (Nescafe) and all the hardcore clubbers that were waiting in line to get into the club were looking at us with envy- we were having soo much fun and didn’t have to pay big bucks or get high!

On Sunday went to Nabeela’s wedding in Laudium with Irfaan. The wedding was cool, met lotsa Durban people there and all nabeelas ex-pat friends from Cape Town. Irfaan is very interesting company, he has engineering, management and a few others degrees and a MBA as well! And he reads a hellava lot…
Well, after the wedding I find my car stuck at Zak P place! Got Hamza and Zakir to tow me and took the car to my uncle’s place. Left it with him to sort out with the mechanic and spent the night with Zakir. Don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t know so many really nice people here in joburg. It makes a big difference when you have friends you can call on at anytime and they gladly help…

Had board lectures on Wednesday and don’t think I ever looked forward to lectures before in my life! It started at 9 but I only woke up at 9 so was late. Turned out to be a real ‘bored’ lecture- nothing new, the same stuff we did on campus. But I’m worried, need to really start studying seriously coz its gona be a suck if I fail- you then at KPM coz you wont earn the G- the extra grand a month that you earn when you pass board! I want to be KPM & G!

Heading to Newcastle for Eid- it rocks in NN. All the hundreds of randerees and their many kids all get together so is a real fun event. Something I look forward to the whole year...

No comments: