26 January 2005

Our environment, the world in which we live and work, is a mirror of our attitudes and expectations...

Eid- a time when we get together and have a big feast. We also slaughter sheeps (plural for sheep) and give the meat to the poor. Are we missing something? Is that all its supposed to be? Should we be doing something more? Should we be striving for some greater purpose?
Why?
I'm pretty happy trying to make money and set myself up for a nice comfortable life! So everyone else should get lost- all the poor and oppressed and starving and ignorant and the rest who need to be liberated by the Islam that we have- tell them that I don’t give a shit! I need to buy a new car and a flat in Sandton and find a pretty girl to marry and take an overseas holiday once a year! I can do all these things and maybe (InshaAllah- Remember me in your duas) go to Jannah when I die because I'm a good Muslim- I behave well, and I dress like a Muslim and pray my Salaah and give my Zakaat to Sanzaf and I'm InshaAllah going for hajj when I save enough and I bought a sheep and gave it away so leave me alone.....

What?! What was that about? Hmm…


Eid was enjoyable in Newcastle, a good break from joburg and work. The young cousins are all helping out with catching and slaughtering, so we get done pretty quickly. We had quite a few feasts- 3 on Fri, lunch on Sat and a big braai Sat night. For a hundred people that was a whole lot of food and I think I had more than my share!

Was a sad day to come back to joburg and work and traffic and funny tasting tap water! Car still in the lab so catching a lift with zubz every morn- he’s the man;-) Makes going to work so much easier! (see pic!)

Just thinking of the people that work in that nice beautiful office building. It looks so nice from the outside but the offices suck! The okes working there each have a small cubicle and a pc that they sit in front of the whole day, making money for somebody else and taking a small part of it home. At least we only there for a month at a time and move on to different surroundings. Work- *sigh*

Well, nothing really exciting to report on yet, so till next week be good and keep in touch…

No comments: