18 April 2005

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

Who reads these emails? I know at least some people enjoy them and reply every week, but for those who don’t reply- what do you think? Some of the guys are complaining that it’s too boring and monotonous- but I suppose that’s how my life is and I spend most of my time with them! But I enjoy writing these things so it’s really for me and not for them;-p but to those still silent participants- can I get a reply?

Working hard this week- Tues I worked till 9:30! But the job is finishing next week so it’s going to get more relaxed. Wed after work my car was clamped and it was flipping frustrating to get it unclamped! Went for a MSA meeting- they planning a Freedom Day celebration like what we did last year at UDW- I miss campus and all the fun we used to have!

Thurs was work as usual and then went for a meeting with Jamiat- the purpose of the meeting was to get the ‘ulema’ and the ‘professionals’ to start discussing how they can work together to achieve common objectives… very interesting…

Dr. Mo Raiman, Cum Laude (that means all A’s) came on Friday- he is here for a few days on his way to Durban. Took him to Friday night halqa to meet up with the guys. Raed the Jordanian also left- he was here for 19 moths straight. The sacrifices people have to make to acquire knowledge… Had a nice coffee and chat at my place till the early hours of the morning. And there was no bread- didn’t you get the email:-)

Sat morning Raiman and I had to wake up early and pick up Vees from the airport- the bugger bought a cheap ticket that’s why we had to cut short our sleep! Habib had arranged for the guys to go tutor underprivileged kids at RAU- think I should start doing it at least every second weekend… Took Raiman and Vees for a tour of Wits and then someone had the bright idea of going to find a Portuguese fair that was supposedly on- Mohsin joined us and we drove around in two cars for about two hours trying to find the place- eventually did but with our luck the fair only starts next week! Ended up at the Zone for supper and then Nescafe at the Arch for coffee- the Nutella waffle rocks!!

Yesterday was my birthday and for those of you who knew but forgot- don’t worry, you’re forgiven! For those who didn’t know- now you do…
Had a really good day though- went to Zoo Lake for a braai and all the guys were there- had a fun time and smoked huka and played around- we even had a cake with candles and about 20 guys, who cant sing to save their lives, singing happy birthday in the middle of Zoo Lake! Joey Rasdien also made a guest appearance there- funny guy! With funny hair!
Ended the day off with a stop at the pub with ZakP- also a very funny guy! Then rounded off the evening with a few hours at Fordsburg Nescafe…

Meeting Raiman and Vees for lunch now…

Latest suggestion from Ismail Moola: Randerees Random Rumblings

No comments: