02 January 2007

yeartwothousandandseven


A few words before it gets too hectic. Back at work after what seems like months away- it was only three weeks but it felt much longer...

So many different emotions of late- sadness, happiness, depression and joy!

You can’t help but come back depressed from such a depressing place- I’m usually extremely optimistic, but in this case I don’t see any happy ending in sight. More talk on my experiences in the Middle East to follow...

I came back to such sadness. My dad’s youngest bro and his wife passed away in an accident. They leave behind five kids.
To God we belong and to Him we will surely return...

Fee real sorry for the kids- but good to know that the family is supportive and awesome, so the kids will be well looked after and cared for.
May God bless them!

My uncle and my aunt were young. Too young to die. God knows best. I can’t say I was extremely close to them. I never would have called out of the blue to chat- but we met so often that maybe wasn’t necessary. It’s just that every memory I have, from the earliest to the most recent happy occasions, they were always there- not in the forefront all the time; but just always there. So much a part of everything, a part of my family, a part of my life and a part of me. May God bless them!

My bro’s weekend marriage was a ray of happiness though. We now have some lovely new additions to the clan- and I pray for happiness for his new family. This event does leave me with one less excuse- I can no longer say 'I’m still loving bachelorhood and waiting for big bro to take the plunge first:-)'

And the joyous occasion of Eid was awesome. Somehow managed to make it extremely enjoyable, considering the circumstances. The kids needed it. I think we all needed it. To try and move on and enjoy the amazing family we have. At the end of the day, that’s all you have- family. Great people all around you and always there for you.
Thank God!

20 comments:

Zahera said...

Inah Lilahi wa Inah Ilay hi rajioun.
Truly Bilal- nothing is in our hands. Whatever He deos, He does for a reason. Make dua inshaAllah and be there for the kids- they will need as much love as they can possibly get as this difficult time.
May Allah (swt) give you and your family the sabr to deal with your loss. Ameen.

Eid mubarak to you :-)

Zaynab Dismantled said...

Inna lilahir wa inna lilahir raji'oon. May Allah grant them Paradise. May Allah grant the family sabr & understanding.

It is true: Family is all we have left. And sometimes not all take the time to be appreciative.

Hope all is well & Eid Mabrook :)

Anonymous said...

heard of the funeral....didnt know it was your family....but was reallllly depressing.......especially the 5 kids left behind .......may Allah make the road ahead easy for them...ameen!

puresoul786@yahoo.com

bibi-aisha said...

I can only but echo the thoughts of the others. To him we belong and to him we return

Faaiq said...

i know not of whom these ppl are referring to... but may Allah swt grant him/her Jannatul Firdous inshaAllah.
nice to hear ur back... i plan on a similar type venture in the near future inshaAllah... make dua i am successful.
take care my friend
salaam

brotherhood said...

eid mubarak :D

almira said...

Im so sorry about your fathers brother and wife, an accident? I feel really bad about the kids. One of my friends mother just died, I think around december and november it is the most deppresing of times. But it looks like you still had a good time, and plannig for the future already I see. :)

Haseena said...

sorry to hear about the mayats in your family. May Allah (swt) grant ur aunt and uncle janatul firdous inshallah and put sabr in the hearts of their loved ones.
glad you made it home safely - inshallah u'll have the oppurtunity to visit masjidul aqsa again.

Jannah said...

I couldn't help but get tearful about the kids... My mother was very very sick today... I was so scared that we'd lose her... may Allah protect them little ones, and may He protect my mother, & all our loved ones :(:(

I'm originally from Palestine, you know? Never been there though! Our family there visit us here every few years... I dream to pray in alAqsa one day... please tell us about it!

Jannah said...

Zahera, did you delete your blog again? or is it not you?

kimya said...

slms

ditto wat i said in the email..

duas are with you and ur loved ones :)

The K-man said...

Im so sorry man may Allah grant them Janaatul firdous. and may HE make it easy for their children Ameen.

Khadiijah said...

inalillahi wainnailayhirajioon. I'm sorry for your loss

Ameen.

Cevris said...

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon! Sorry for your uncle and aunt. May Allah (swt) grant them Jannah inshaAllah. Hope the children are ok. Have a blessed, happy year inshaAllah.

Take care!

cellardoor said...

selam bilal
sorry 2 hear about your late uncle and aunties. that's hard, i could only imagine...
my family is really tight knit 2... i can't comprehend what it would be like if 1 of my uncles / autites passed away... but i know the family would take care of the kids...

... belated eid mubarak, nice that u had a good time..

Ruby :) said...

slm Bilal... hope u had a good trip, the pic were amazing, as always.. sorry to hear about the funerals in your family, may Allah grant them both Jannah, and sabr to the children in these trying times...the road accidents have been horrible this year.

Farhana said...

Salam
I'm really sorry to hear about ur losses, and may Allah (SWT) bless them in the hereafter and reward them with the highest place in Jannah. Ameen

However I'm glad to hear that ur bro's wedding went well and you enjoyed ur eid.

Take care.

icedmocha said...

its been a while. am realli sorri 4 ur loss. hang in there nd be a rock 2 ur cousins. congrats on ur broz wedding! ..the masjidul aqsa picz awsum.

Prayin 4 ur ur aunt nd uncle. May they be granted places in paradise. Illahi Ameen.

Nazia said...

May Allah(swt) help you and your family through this time, forgive them for any wrongs, grant them Firdous and continut to watch over their children! Ameen!

Bilal said...

@ALL:
Slmz guys
Thanks for all the comments. Really appreciate.
Make a prayer.