27 March 2008

B, wannabe V- overlooking Old Bailey

A few weeks ago my firm hosted a charity abseil and we raised over £73,800 for the Safer London Foundation- www.saferlondonfoundation.org

Those of us that volunteered to do the abseil were allowed to dress up as any super hero that we wanted. Guess what I choose!

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I stood atop the building, dressed as an anarchist, in the V costume- there in the distance was the Old Bailey. I could almost here Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture as I stood there, making such a strong but hardly understood statement:)

"Remember, remember, the Fifth of November."

The truth is that there is
something terribly wrong with this
country, isn't there? If you look
about, you witness cruelty,
injustice and despotism. But what
do you do about it? What can you
do?

You are but a single individual.
How can you possible make any
difference? Individuals have no
power in this modern world.
That is what you've been taught
because that is what they need you
to believe. But it is not true.





This is why they are afraid and the
reason that I am here; to remind
you that it is individuals who
always hold the power. The real
power. Individuals like me. And
individuals like you.





No comments: