24 January 2009

my brothers poem for Appa

written 11 months and 3 days ago

My tears
What can I say,
I cry in dua,
I cry in salah,
I cry on unfinished musjid rooftops,
I cry for my sins,
I cry for hidaayat,
but in me last few days,
I mostly cry for an old lady,
with a young heart,
who has a very special place in my heart,
A woman who devoted her life to others more than herself,
A lady who not only cared for me as a child, but my mother as well,
Even in her old age, she cared for one and all,
So far away I am from her today,
yet so close to my heart she is held

I will cry
Is it that I cry,
due to fear of losing her,
or due to the distance today thatleaves me unable of paying to her what is her right,
I don’t know,
But what I do know,
is that I’ll never forget her,
for who she was,
for what she did for me,
For all the love she spread,
for all the wounds she healed,
I will cry in dua,
I will in salah,
I will cry no matter where I am,
I will cry for her,
every time I'm reminded of her,
every time I think of her,
I will cry for herwhether I see her again or not

My dua
But mostly I will cry in dua for her,
for my tears and neither my duas will do justice for what she has done for us,
and I beg of one and all,
that u never forget her nor what she has done for us,
But more importantly that you never stop making dua for her,
the dua that she so deserves from us all

© Muhammed Randeree

4 comments:

That Mash Guy said...

who is this for?

zingtrial said...

Man you hit the spot with that.
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer not neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
Thanks for sharing.my prayers with the person.
Wishing you well

Bilal said...

My gran passed away on Thurs. Prayers requested. Shukran..

'liya said...

Bilal I am so sorry...
This poem brought tears to my eyes, my grandma also just passed away recently just about a month ago and it's hard for me to talk about it without wanting to cry. Please remember mine in your duas and I'll do the same for yours.