11 April 2010

3 weeks in Doha


Al Jazeera logo
Originally uploaded by bilal.randeree
I can't believe how the past three weeks have disappeared - been getting used to working 10 hour, fast paced shifts and really enjoying it so far. Doha is ok really, not too much happening but just enough to not go insane. I guess living in Grahamstown last here makes it seem a bit better than it actually is..

Still a few things I need to get used to here in Qatar. Like getting into the wrong side of the car, or looking the other way when crossing the road! Been quite a few near death experiences.

Speaking about near death - even though petrol is only QR 0.80 a litre (about R1.60) - I actually ran out of it the first day I was driving here. Midday, on a busy main road, the car just switches off. Had to get out, push it through traffic and then find a garage. Filled a 5 litre tin for under R10!

It's Sunday morning now, and I've been at work since 6am - that is something else that I'm going to need to get used to...

4 comments:

Manic Expressive said...

Glad to hear you are surviving and haven't been run over by a Landcruiser.

Manic Expressive said...

....yet.

Bilal said...

so far! thinking i need a 4x4 just to survive...
Btw, have we met?

Manic Expressive said...

Well, no, we haven't actually met. I have talked to you on twitter, about comedy in Doha. But, we haven't actually met at all.