27 August 2010

30 Mosques in Joburg!

Inspired by these guys: http://30mosques.com/

They really cool - having fun, doing something (somewhat) constructive, and packaging it quite nicely.

If I was in Joburg, I would do a 30 Mosques in one city! That must be some record I think - for a non-Muslim country...

So I'm going to try and get 30 Mosques mapped in as tight an area as possible - once there are no more Mosques to map, then will move on to add Jamaat Khana's and smaller prayer areas.

First requirement would be places that are performing Taraweeh Salaah.

I'm sure there will be 30 in central Johannesburg - if not more. Please give me address or GPS co-ordinates for those you know in Joburg - together with official name and website (lol) if possible.

Add more Mosques to this list by clicking the 'Add' button in the top right corner.

Here is the map:

2 comments:

riy said...

added quite a few mosques around the mayfair area.... thats a lot of masjids!

Bilal said...

Thanks Riy! But I'm sure there's more - we've got 17 only so far...